Saturday, July 01, 2006

Why Would a Gentile Be Interested in Jewish Evangelism?

To start the ball rolling on this blog, let's answer a common and reasonable question. Why would a Gentile be interested in sharing the message of the Messiah to the Jewish people?

One common reason I've heard given on my behalf, and not by Gentile believers, is that we need Jewish people to believe in Jesus in order to validate our beliefs. While I can only talk for this Gentile, let me say that the amount of people who believe something or who believes something doesn't make something true.

I'm kind of old-fashioned that way. I believe something is true because I think it is true. I believe the claims of Jesus being the Messiah are validated by his resurrection from the dead.

I've heard people tell me that I want people to think like me. If they mean I want people to place their trust in the Messiah, so they can receive life and have it abundantly...guilty as charged. So it would be the case for you, whether you be Jewish or Gentile.

So why am I interested in spreading the good news of the Messiah to Jewish people?

Gratitude. The earliest followers of Jesus spread the message of the Jewish Messiah to the world, both to Jews and to Gentiles, at great cost to themselves. It would be the height of arrogance to withhold the message of the Messiah from Jewish people.

The gift of life has been given to me via the Jewish people. As Paul wrote,
They are Israelites, and to them belong the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises. To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Messiah who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.


In the coming days, we will be discussing the Messiah. We will look into the Tanakh to examine those claims to see if they hold up to close examination. We may do some interviews. We will even look at news stories and articles that pop up from time to time.

And all of this will be done from a perspective of a Gentile who is eternally grateful to the Jewish people.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many people do not understand that being a Gentile does not mean you are a "Christian".
I am a believer in Yeshua, that is what makes me a follower of Jesus
(Yeshua)

I am a Gentile Believer
in Yeshua Ha Meshiach. That is Jesus the Messiah. God put a love
for the Jewish people, culture,and
Holy days, in my heart.

Besides gratitude I am interested
because
I understand how much everyone needs Messiah. And God has impressed me to pray specifically for His chosen people.

I have received much from studying
the Old Covenant. And I want to share that richness with the people it was written to.

7/02/2006 11:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home